New to brewing, just saying hi

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay so fermentation has stopped pretty much around 1 week after brewing, its looking good, samples say we have achieved what we set out too, just want to taste the finished product now. We will gove it a couple of weeks before bottling, cheers for the helpful advice following my newbie questions.

Okay, update time, bottling carried out this morning, so our first babies have been born and are now settled under the stairs to condition. Can't wait to pop them and enjoy, tasted today and I'm very pleased, so we have a session IPA which is a rich orange golden colour, approx 4.4% abv it has a nice long finish, so hoping for something nice when its matured. The chocolate stout certainly has a nice choccy flavour, its probably ended up something in between a stout and a porter because we forgot to add oats and put more roasted barley in, but it's worked out very nicely, looks as thick as treacle but goes down nicely, thats around 5.6% abv.

Can't wait to drink it, I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

Latest posts

Back