New Vine Co wine kits

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Applesnmore

Reaction score
So currently sipping a 24hr vintage of Wine Expert Tempranillo and can say it is very good.
So much so I went online to.find another only to discover all out of stock
Then looking at KenRidge to see if it is in that range- no and lots out of stock.
Only to discover from Brew2Bottle that Kenridge Classic has been rebranded Vine Co original. Except its gone from a 10l kit down to 8l.
Vinecowines website the new range is a result of a new process.
So it looks like gone are California connoisseur 8l, atmosphere 14l kits and all branded Vine co. Dont know what this means for the wine expert range.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

VW911

Regular.
Reaction score
Vine Co, California Connoisseur, Kenridge and Wine Expert, (Canadian owned, I think), are all the same company, marketed in the UK by Young's. I've just received some promotional blurb from them at work, but not had time to read it properly. From what I can remember, it looks like a lot of it is just re-branding. One of my contacts at Young's has now become part of the new Ritchies/Bevie merger, but he'll probably know what's going on. I'll try and get in touch with him tomorrow, and see what he knows...

Applesnmore

Reaction score
From another thread

Looks like the wine expert range has been giggled too

Graz

Landlord.
Reaction score
From another thread

Looks like the wine expert range has been giggled too
Bit confusing this one, looks similar to the current range - Vinters Reserve, World Vineyard, Eclipse. Similar prices but seems like 2L less grape juice concentrate in each one 😠

Applesnmore

Reaction score
The packaging does them no favours. Looks cheap, doesn't look the part at all.
Smaller pack same money or more.
No doubt will end up with one but not inspired to run out and get one.

VW911

Regular.
Reaction score
Got the promotional stuff here. Apparently, VineCo have...

... "invested £5M over the last year improving quality and new brand awareness.
One of the main benefits is during the 'pasteurization' process as this is the critical time when the 'liquid' is 'cooked'. With the new process less water is needed so the 'liquid' becomes more balanced, resulting in a more stable product - ending in "better quality" all around.
With further new styles now also added to the range(s) and with new packaging design, being bright and modern, we truly think that this will give additional visual's to gain further sales."...

(Their words, not mine!)

From what I can see, "On The House" replaces California Connoisseur,(with several varieties being dropped - including the 6 bottle kits), "Original Series" replaces Kenridge Classic, "Estate Series" replaces Atmosphere, and "Signature Series" replaces CellarCraft. "Niagara Mist" is just repackaged, with the addition of a few extra new styles. (Best left alone in my opinion!)

I have to agree, the new packaging really does not help. (I wonder who got paid thousands for that??)
I think I'll have a few unhappy customers...!

Stevieleeds

Reaction score
Started off new Vineco original Chardonnay and Malbec last night. Was annoyed that the price went up but 2L less concentrate, plus no oak in the Chardonnay. I wondered how they can justify this, so good to read they have improved the process, so there should be an increase in quality. Will need to add my own oak to the Chardonnay though!