newbie. understanding recipes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I will be using a whole in one system.
Robobrew there was a few reasons I decided on that rather than everything separate.
Ah right, this makes things a lot easier, a quick google turn up this page with water calculations which makes it a case of filling the robobrew with the required water and setting it to your desired temperature. Adding the grains will lower the temp slightly (my grainfather drops 1, maybe 2c briefly) but the heater will sort that out in no time.

I use the grainfather calcs on that linked page, but often mash with 2.3L/kg as this gives me a bigger sparge which helps efficiency on higher gravity beers or when I'm making my usual 15L batches. I try to get the sparge to be at least equal to the mash water and get fairly consistent 75 - 78% efficiency.

Good luck, I'm happy to help with any further questions, I've been using the grainfather for over 2 years now and there's a few folks here who have good experience with the GF and the robo brew looks very similar in most respects.

Hi Neil. Sorry if I've confused you. I was referring to a different brewing system. Go with Zephyr's advice. I have little experience of "all-in-one" systems, but thought they came with water calculation instructions. Good luck with the brew.

Back