Next concoction.... sorted

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roddy

Landlord.
Reaction score
I think it'll be this :grin:

Asda Red Grape Juice
Asda Grape, Strawberry & Kiwi
few L of Apple juice for body and to bring up 'other juice' %

just for Christmassy effect, might throw in a few vanilla pods

I also worked out why I ended up needing to add far less water than my calculations said I should, I I had forgotten to factor in the volume of water that the sugar displaces, which is apparently 0.6L per kilo (eg 1L of water & 1kg of sugar = 1.6L of solution). I stand by to be correct on that point if anyone knows better (it wouldn't be the first time !)

ScreenHunter_01 Nov. 12 18.57.jpg

Last edited:
haha yeh

the excel thing takes away some of the guesswork when working out how much of each juice I need and sugar content 😃

the blackcurrent one isn't finished yet, another week or so before racking/clearing that one I reckon

haha yeh

the excel thing takes away some of the guesswork when working out how much of each juice I need and sugar content 😃

the blackcurrent one isn't finished yet, another week or so before racking/clearing that one I reckon

You're really good then - I'm a chucker - chuck it all in (after a quick look at some of the forums on here) and hope for the best. I haven't tried any of my WOWs yet - only the kits that I've made. It's sooo hard, as patience really isn't my thing. I was looking at Carrot Wine on here earlier but quickly tossed that one aside when I read that you have to wait at least 6 months :lol: I'll get there one day!

What did you use for the source juice in the Blackcurrant?

I've tried a few times to find an affordable 100% blackcurrant juice, but it seems to be foreign import at over a tenner a litre...

Latest posts

Back