No fizz please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASK

Reaction score
I much prefer Ale to bitter, so hand pump style without fizz. Is there any reason why i cant just follow the kit, complete primary fermentation and bottle?
It seems like its a bit cloudy but taste is ok. Will it clear if bottled in the normal way without a second fermentation?

I much prefer Ale to bitter, so hand pump style without fizz. Is there any reason why i cant just follow the kit, complete primary fermentation and bottle?
It seems like its a bit cloudy but taste is ok. Will it clear if bottled in the normal way without a second fermentation?
It will clear but you will need a small amount of sugar for a very low carbonation or your beer will go ff very quickly..

If your fermentation is complete and you really dont like any fizz I suggest you prime with about 3g table sugar per litre (about one third tsp per 500ml bottle) to give a carbonation of about 1.6 vols CO2. You could try a leaving a few unprimed but they are likely to be very similar to beer that is gravity served from the cask.

Thanks for the replies, so i need to carbonate very slightly to give it some properties to keep in the bottle?

I use about 2-3g sugar per 500ml bottle which Gives,a very gentle level of carbonation about on par on my view with a cask ale in a pub. But experiment a bit to figure out what level works for you.

Latest posts

Back