Nordic Optical Thermopots

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EskiBrew

Regular.
Reaction score
corby_brewer said:
All setup now to start sparging. Untill my thermobox arives from nadine im still using the Burco as a HLT.
007-4.jpg

What size Thermobox have you gone for Dave? - I have been looking into the 40 litre ones but two things are concerning me:

1) Nadine is not returning my emails :wha:
2) The 40 litre ones come with a tap already fitted whereas I want to fit a bottom draining tap (the side one would not be a problem apart from looking messy)

I opted for the 24ltr box EB,i know i will be limited to small brews,but the price i got it for i would have been a fool not to have got it. Also it doesnt have a tap fitted.

eskimobob said:
What size Thermobox have you gone for Dave? - I have been looking into the 40 litre ones but two things are concerning me:

Or mine :( I'd love a 40L thermobox :grin:

eskimobob said:
2) The 40 litre ones come with a tap already fitted whereas I want to fit a bottom draining tap (the side one would not be a problem apart from looking messy)
Tap wouldn't be a problem to me, I'm quite happy to come out of the side :thumb:

eskimobob said:
corby_brewer said:
All setup now to start sparging. Untill my thermobox arives from nadine im still using the Burco as a HLT.
007-4.jpg

1) Don't worry, she will reply eventually.

2) Turn it round so you can't see the tap :grin:

And to respond to another post, we're not small fish to them, otherwise why would they sell them in singles? I think despite the translation problems that they give a fantastic service.

jamesb said:
And to respond to another post, we're not small fish to them, otherwise why would they sell them in singles? I think despite the translation problems that they give a fantastic service.
+1 with what JB says.
Now bugger off this is a brew day post. :rofl:

jamesb said:
I think despite the translation problems that they give a fantastic service.

I didnt have an issue with translation with Nadine - her English was more than good enough for the transaction to progress.

Once we'd exchanged a few emails and I'd paid through Paypal, the stainless pots of lovelyness arrived within a week.

I now need to decide on which way to go with the MT (easy option or Vosseys false bottom)

You'll want one of the thermoboxes for a mash tun. Postage your looking around £30 for all three boxes at once if not it's around £15 per box

Cheers MD, they seem to be the cheapest on the web and quality looks spot on.

What size thermo, for a mash tun, would you suggest for up to 20gals finished in Fv?

Could you insulate a standard 100 litre pot to be a MT? wouldnt be as pretty as a thermo but could be done I guess

:cheers:

I think you need to rethink, you won't be able to boil the full amount to get 20 gal out of it, more like 16 or 17 gal out of a 100ltr boiler.
If you are looking at using an 80ltr Thermobox you get 6% brew out of it in a 90ltr brewlength thats the max capacity it will take but thats brimming the top of the tun.

I think If you want 20 gal you need to look for bigger Boiler around the 120 ltr mark and a 100 ltr mash tun. just so you have spare room in each

Oh Well, is that you brain telling you to go bigger :lol:

Yeah you'll be good for 10% @ 10 gallon!!!

I would go the extra and have a Tb you can't beat the bottom draining capablity and the isulation you put on a 100ltr isn't going to match the Thermobox!

Yeah agreed on TB, bit of extra expense but will look the dogs balearics!

I was leaning towards the plastic FV, boilers etc but the SS stock pots are very reasonably priced so thats the way to go..... I think.

:cheers:

I thinking of buying a 50L thermobox from Nordic to go fully stainless :D has anyone got the height and width of this size?
I want to make sure it'll fit on my brew stand o.k.

BB

markp said:
Diameter 45cm, height 48/49cm.
I love my thermobox :party:
Hi Mark.
Is yours a 50L, if yes can you easily do 10 gallon brews?
If you have 20L of water and around 10kg of grist how far off the top is it, could I easily have a spinning sparger above the grain bed? :hmm:

John

Latest posts

Back