Not so much brewing ..... a bottling question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baz Chaz

Landlord.
Reaction score
First brew is just about ready for next stage :!: bottling :D

Which would you recommend

a) straight into bottles or

b) put into clean/sterile RV for a week to ten days then bottle

from what I've read some find option b) helps clearing in the bottle :!: or is there little or no difference between the two methods :?:

Measured the SG today, down to 1014 from 1050 since last Saturday, couldn't resist a slurp :oops: very nice indeed not sweet at all, obviously still cloudy but getting ready for next stage :D

Thanks Jack, that was the way I was leaning towards, used to (many many years ago :roll: ) just bottle directly, but it seems the 'modern' way is to go via 2nd FV for a week :thumb: gonna give it a go :thumb: any pitfalls that I should be aware of, obviously eveything needs to be cleaned appropriately :!:
One thing I did pick up from this forum, which I never even thought about (or did previously :oops: ) sterilise the crown caps as well :!:

I just leave in primary until fermentation has stopped and the yeast is clearing up after itself and then batch prime and bottle.

Just go with whatever you are comfortable with.

Thanks for the link :thumb: there's just soooooooo much to read and catch up on being new round here finding bits every day :D

Latest posts

Back