Nothing happening

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abssm

Reaction score
I made up a Coopers European Lager with Brew Enhancer 2 yesterday and nothing seems to be happening.

I pitched the yeast at 22 degrees and the temperature in the bucket is still at 22. SG was 1.034

Everything i have made in the past (except one thing) has been pushing the lid off the bucket by now.

Coincidently, the one thing that failed on me last time, a cheeky vimto, was made in the same FV.

I use VWP steriliser and the bucket got a bloody good rinse.

I have only ever made one coopers kit in the past, the Mexican Cervasa andi'm sure this took off like a rocket. Am i being a bit impatient, after all it has only been sat in the bucket for 20 hours

The Euro Lager uses a Lager yeast strain. You'll know it's working when you smell eggs! :sick: You might also want to consider letting the temp drop a few degrees as well.

Don't panic. Nothing to worry about. I had the same happen. Nothing for 48 hours and then slight activity in the airlock. It formed a noticeable head after about 4-5 days and has been chugging away ever since. It has been a month now and still airlock activity although it has slowed down.

This kit as a bottom fermenting lager yeast. They seem not to go off so quickly or with such a bang as the ale yeasts. I think there is a big lag in comparison to ale yeasts.

Take your time with it. I don't expect it will have brewed out in much under 4-6 weeks.

Definitely get the temperature down.

Thanks all, it has started now, it's just not as energetic as what i am used to.

I have moved it out of our dining room and into the hall to get the temperature down a bit.

It absolutely stinks of eggs. I am assuming the smell won't carry on into the bottles?

I did a cider kit (can't remember the make, on the rocks i think) a while back and whilst it tasted ok the smell of eggs when you opened a bottle put me off doing it again

Latest posts

Back