Now is this bad luck or what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corby_brewer

Landlord.
Reaction score
Well it just goes to show that the old saying that bad luck comes in 3's is true.

Bad luck number 1 -
5 weeks ago Mrs Siviter decided that she wanted a light fitting changed in the living room, so me being the perfect husband decided to change it. Well that lead to the wireing in the house being condemed and me forking out £1600 to get the house re-wired.

Bad luck number 2 -
Mrs Siviter decided that after getting the house re-wired that we should re decorate the whole house, so me being the perfect husband decided to start stripping all the old wall paper throughout the house, which lead to finding that all the rooms in the house needed re-plastering at a cost of £1000.

Bad luck number 3 -

now this was at 6pm tonight, Mrs Siviter decided that the floorbordes on the landing needed to be replaced at a cost of £100, so again me being the perfect husband decided to replace them. But unfortunatly, the very last nail which i hammered in just happend to go straight through a water pipe. so god knows how much this one is gong to cost me.

ouch! :eek:

mate with that kind of luck bet on every team but England for the World Cup! :D

prolix said:

Dont even go there mate Mrs Siv is originaly from Glasgow. So any talk of England and the World cup in our house is banned. Now i surpose it my fault that SCOTLAND didnt qualify. :grin:

When I rewired our house (A very long time ago) I was lifting a floorboard in one of the upstairs rooms and hit a pipe . . . . A Gas Pipe . . . And in front of it was an electrical cable that had been well and truly chewed by the jigsaw blade that I was using at the time. . . . Luckily we still have a house :roll:

I really feel for you though . . .Still you should get lots of kudos for brewing now though ;)

I had that with my shower. A tile needed replacing, and when I pulled it off, most of the wall came with it cos the water had got behind. Had to replace 3 walls in the end and ended up fitting a new room, as could not get matching tiles!

I did end up learning a load on joinery, building, electrics, plumbing and tiling though, but could have taken a course in each for the price it cost me (time and cash)!

Really feel sorry for ya. :(

I copy the tactic my dog uses..... Selective deafness works everytime.

:cheers:

Christ almighty!

what a bad run. Just think how much beer you could have brewed for that.

Good luck with the repair job!

I'd give you a hand Dave if I was a bit closer, plasterer by trade :|

One of my friends on facebook did that with his floorboard only a few days ago! He was 'fixing the floorboard which wasn't nailed down' :D

corby_brewer said:
Well it just goes to show that the old saying that bad luck comes in 3's is true.

Bad luck number 1 -
5 weeks ago Mrs Siviter decided that she wanted a light fitting changed in the living room, so me being the perfect husband decided to change it. Well that lead to the wireing in the house being condemed and me forking out £1600 to get the house re-wired.

Bad luck number 2 -
Mrs Siviter decided that after getting the house re-wired that we should re decorate the whole house, so me being the perfect husband decided to start stripping all the old wall paper throughout the house, which lead to finding that all the rooms in the house needed re-plastering at a cost of £1000.

Bad luck number 3 -

now this was at 6pm tonight, Mrs Siviter decided that the floorbordes on the landing needed to be replaced at a cost of £100, so again me being the perfect husband decided to replace them. But unfortunatly, the very last nail which i hammered in just happend to go straight through a water pipe. so god knows how much this one is gong to cost me.

Thats all three then Dave get a lottery ticket Saturday :thumb:

corby_brewer said:
prolix said:

Dont even go there mate Mrs Siv is originaly from Glasgow. So any talk of England and the World cup in our house is banned. Now i surpose it my fault that SCOTLAND didnt qualify. :grin:

Oh My God My Mrs is from Glasgow originaly as well :shock:

Sounds like you have had a real sh*tter dave, as a friend once told me "Life is Life and love is ********""

Get some money on the lottery your due a bit of good luck for a change.

UP

Back