Numpty postman

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpt

Brewing without a hat
Reaction score
Sunday last week (i.e. 9 days ago) I ordered some bits from an online homebrew retailer. On the Monday I got an email saying they had been despatched by Royal Mail, as expected. :thumb: So I expected them to be delivered on Tuesday or Wednesday. But nothing came, no card to say it was with a neighbour or taken back to the delivery office. :( By the weekend I was getting concerned, but the shop's despatch email did say it could take 5 working days and even as long as 10. Perhaps they used some super cheap postal service not available to the general public.

On Sunday I was having a tidy up and found some old keys. SWMBO said they were for the old front door which is now our garage side door. So I thought I'd try the keys in the door just to be sure that is what they were for. While I was doing this I noticed something in the letter box. It was a card from Royal Mail saying they had left a parcel between my neighbour's two sheds. I went and checked and there it was, complete with 1st class postage. It had probably been sat there since Tuesday. The postman had found somewhere to leave the parcel and then put the card through the nearest letterbox. I would have thought he might have realised that wasn't actually the same letterbox that he puts our letters through. :hmm:

Reminds me of the time at work that IT took my PC away to fix it, and then sent me an email to say it was ready to collect. :wha:

Maybe I should add something similar here:
Having trouble registering your account? - send me a PM with details :lol:

rpt said:
Reminds me of the time at work that IT took my PC away to fix it, and then sent me an email to say it was ready to collect. :wha:
I found this little gem on one of our computers a few months ago:

62000_10151280346216155_2144478010_n.jpg

Back