October Storm ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PD

Landlord.
Reaction score
Who's going to be the first to get hit........ :shock:

Update as and when.

I've dug out a load of candles and recharged all the torches we have. Dont like our old patio set so thats staying out in the garden a few pots moved to the most sheltered spot.

and

fetched a few bottles from the baa...r into the house.....

Siege mentality...

well if got my 3mx3m gazebo strapped down using my solid oak picnic table (takes 2 to lift) just in case. mobles fully charged. the new/old hard line house phone at the ready. dont think the roof in the brew shed is going to hold and already tapped the letter box down as noisy at the best of time.

even next door have turned there trampoline over so the wind cant get it :wha:

We are prone to flooding here so not really looking forward to this to be honest, me and the Wife are both a bit on edge to say the least. Local BBC Radio have given out a warning that we will be having the brunt of the rain around Midnight through till 3am. Nervous times ahead. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

I'll be surprised if my brewery roof survives, it needs replacing anyhow.

All my trains have been suspended already so getting to work tomorrow is going to be fun.

joe1002 said:

All my trains have been suspended already so getting to work tomorrow is going to be fun.

take tomorrow as a brew day . not much point leaving for work if you know you cant get there

It'll be a miracle if my ancient and rotten garden shed survives the storm if it hits here....hope my barrel is OK in there :pray:
Just had a text from work to remind us not to park the vans too near to trees.....

iceo said:
joe1002 said:

take tomorrow as a brew day . not much point leaving for work if you know you cant get there
Or more importantly get home!

Unfortunately before I can brew again I need to get some more grain and free up my fermentation fridge.

joe1002 said:
iceo said:
joe1002 said:

Or more importantly get home!

Unfortunately before I can brew again I need to get some more grain and free up my fermentation fridge.

good point, hope you can get some grain without getting the train. you could always brew out side the fridge

It's been breezy here all day, it's currently cooling my wort nicely... :thumb:

We're expecting it in the early hours of tomorrow morning. The only thing I'm dubious about is my conservatory roof... watch this space! :lol:

Supposed to be hitting us in the next couple of hours, but I think we are on the edge and it's going to be worse in mid and north Wales according to the forecast.

On the off chance, genny full of 2 stroke, fresh batteries in the lantern, candles and matches in the larder, 2 cornies full of booze in the tool shed (brick built and attached to the house) and 40 bottles in the house :D

well its dark here so cant see that the wind is doing. as im near the east coast itwill be well into the night before it hits us. will see what the morning brings :wha:

There's been a few strong gusts throughout the day, strangely it didn't tempt many of the sailing fraternity out into the bay but to be honest, it's not much windier than the morning after a group curry night... Yet...
I am planning on getting up as usual to drive to work and expect that, just like with a few snow flurries, the roads will be quiet, there will be calls from colleagues who live a third of the distance away that I do who "don't want to risk the journey" and I will wonder why I bothered...
Oh yeah, because I have bills to pay...
Of course, I may be wrong... But why miss the opportunity to moan? :)

Our local trains to London are cancelled until at least 9 am. Normally this would be good news, a day at home. Unfortunately I have to drive to Leeds tomorrow :(

Runwell-Steve said:
Our local trains to London are cancelled until at least 9 am. Normally this would be good news, a day at home. Unfortunately I have to drive to Leeds tomorrow :(

With the trains cancelled that probably means my easy 15min drive to your area Steve will be at least doubled with all the extra cars on the road. :evil: At least the kids are off school.

dennisking said:
Runwell-Steve said:

With the trains cancelled that probably means my easy 15min drive to your area Steve will be at least doubled with all the extra cars on the road. :evil: At least the kids are off school.

I think with the kids off and trains cancelled most people will just stay at home.

Runwell-Steve said:
dennisking said:
[quote="Runwell-Steve":8d8o4d0n]Our local trains to London are cancelled until at least 9 am. Normally this would be good news, a day at home. Unfortunately I have to drive to Leeds tomorrow :(

I think with the kids off and trains cancelled most people will just stay at home.[/quote:8d8o4d0n]

Hope so, Monday morning and traffic problems are all I need.

Looking at the weather forecast it's not looking as bad as the news made out, no gusts of wind over 70 mph on the met office forecast anyway, although there are one or two getting close to that.

Seems to be Cornwall and the south coast that is going to get it worst, the natural resource Wales warnings are for rainfall leading to flooding, not for wind damage.

We (in southampton) are being battered at the moment, it's not the worst I've seen but it's pretty bad out there.

Back