October Storm ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Overhead down on east coast south of Peterborough so got off at Doncaster and had a laugh at the display boards, no matter how they display it its still complete balderdash and nobody had a clue when the next train to anywhere was. on a train to Leeds and looking forward to a nice long draughty wait on the platform for the train home. If it wasn't for the sodding conference I could have stayed in bed. :cry:

BarnsleyBrewer said:
Just rain in Barnsley, no wind at all.... Over-hyped??

BB :hmm:

The BBC had nothing better to say so they made up some storm news. Didn't want to get caught out like last time :whistle:

[youtube:3ezehvv5]uqs1YXfdtGE[/youtube:3ezehvv5]

Hi

I got up this morning to find a piece of wood i had in the back garden fell over on top of my bird table thats about it here.

Dave

On my early morning route to work there were trees and branches down all over the place, a few walls too... but nothing to really trouble you. The greatest inconvenience appears to be that caused by the closure of the Orwell Bridge.

My one rotten fence panel, which I was really hoping would collapse and which is only held up by four nails and a splinter, is still intact... whereas two doors along, they lost four fence panels... and they didn't evenn blow in my direction... so I'm unimpressed overall.

Had I the ownership of a chainsaw, I might just have taken the day off work though - there's a good profit to be made in their use and the disposal of associated logs along the Essex / Suffolk border.

Took me about 10 mins longer to drive to work, and the wife will need to spend an hour or 2 in the garden cleaning up, we have a fairly big palm tree that has lost a lot of leaves.

dennisking said:
we have a fairly big palm tree that has lost a lot of leaves.

I know you live in France Dennis, but I presumed Normandy not the Côte d'Azur :whistle: :whistle:

dennisking said:
*Had :lol:

No trains for me so can't get to work. Shame I can work from home.

Windy here this morning, had to drive from Harwich to Clacton at 0745 and there were lots of bits of tree and branches on roads but nowhere completely blocked. Swmbo set off half an hour later and was turned back due to power lines down on the road. Bad enough, but nothing like 1987 or 1990. Could have been a lot worse.

Got hit pretty hard in Herts, only just got the power back on that went out at 4am, shame they couldn't have waited a couple more hours or I'd have got the whole day off rather than just a half one!

http://news.uk.msn.com/trending-blog/gi ... -the-south

Batter may be a bit OTT

The transport system (in private hands) should be fecking ashamed of itself.

No trains till 9am, much later on some routes for what was essentially a bit of an above average windy day.

Well done to the bus,tube & DLR drivers who kept the capital moving. Without them the city would have ground to a halt.

graysalchemy said:
dennisking said:

I know you live in France Dennis, but I presumed Normandy not the Côte d'Azur :whistle: :whistle:

We can grow palm trees in Essex as we get sunshine down here, it's not always raining. :whistle:

Not too bad here, plenty of rain, but not excess wind (curry effects excepted), sounds like Somerset got mildly hammered, a company I deal with was without power until 16:30 today and had both ends of the road into the workshop blocked by falling trees until mid afternoon.

That or they all took the morning off and used the storm of the century as an excuse :D

i think i am getting the storm we missed last weekend as its blowing well, cold and wet.

Yeah I did hear on the BBC that another storm might be heading our way....stopped me going fishing here :(

Latest posts

Back