OG at 1.018

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldNorse

Reaction score
Hullo !

This is My second batch. I added 3 l ( 25 l ) more water. Beer kit was for 23 . OG is showing like 1.018 :? ..

Added Sugars
1 kg of amber dme
100 g oh honey
100 dex

What to do ?

would help if you gave more details of the kit etc. but I suspect you have two options:

1) Bin and start again as even if you do ferment down to 1004 you will only end up with 1.9% beer
2) Mix up a second batch but brew extremely short. split both batches and mix together - this way you would at least have something worth drinking from an ABV perspective, though you will have a LOT of beer - close to 40 Litres would be my guess... this is both a positive and negative depending which side of the fence you sit...

Good luck!

Wrong reading :cool:... i was little bit in panic ..its 1.035 - 1.034 OG ... but its still to low for this style of beer ( BLACK ROCK - GOLDEN ALE )

EBC: 12
EBU: 27
OG: 1040
FG : 1005
ABV: 3,8%
for 23l

I added to much water at the begging of boil. I was a afraid it will boil out to much. :?

I assume you have both chilled and pitched the yeast then?
I have limited experience myself but if it were me I would probably let it do its thing and chalk it up to experience?

Back