Oh ****!! Help!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mak

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all
Need urgent advice after kegging my first ever neipa recipe into a corny, i discovered all my gas had gone!

I can't push out the oxygen from the keg and doubt I can find co2 refill in next few days.

Should i add sugar to the keg? Or will it be ok for a day or 2 while I find a refiller?

Panicking!!!

Its pretty safe to say that your brew is RUINED.
Only kidding lol, it should be ok but i would put in 50g of sugar just to be safe and keep venting the keg, also try tapping the side of the keg to release any c02 thats still in the beer, tap the keg mind ! don't shake it.

Only kidding lol, it should be ok but i would put in 50g of sugar just to be safe and keep venting the keg, also try tapping the side of the keg to release any c02 thats still in the beer, tap the keg mind ! don't shake it.
Great advice.

Thanks, will do that! :thumb:Need to learn from this experience and always have a spare gas knocking about!

Back