Old Peculiar Clone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Easy Peasie

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi All

Bottled my Graham Wheeler Old Peculiar clone last friday, have had a tester already which was very nice albeit a bit flat, plenty of liquorice and very dark, in fact probably much darker than the original. Anyway it is a particular fave of my and was looking at the bottle and it says contains 'Barley & wheat'. Does anyone have a recipe with wheat included? please.

I brewed this last year
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6427

was from the same book - did you not use any wheat malt? It helps with head retention and adds a nice depth to the flavour, i did a blind taste with my dad and he couldn`t distinguish between the real and my brew - he actually opted for mine as the real one :cool:

Nice one on the Old Pec :thumb: I've found that an odd bottling has been a bit flat at first, but does improve with leaving it a bit longer :!: something I find quite difficult :oops:

rickthebrew said:
....... i did a blind taste with my dad and he couldn`t distinguish between the real and my brew - he actually opted for mine as the real one :cool:

...... and isn't that a real good feeling :clap: when you give someone a pint of your own ale and they really and genuinely appreciate it :clap: :thumb:

Patience is very hard (especially when stocks are low :nono: ) three weeks conditioning makes a huge difference though, brew more is the only answer :party:

Nice one RTB.
Will try your recipe this weekend. Hopefully be able to get one in, should have been last weekend but I had a wife and two kids with as tummy bug it was'nt a pretty sight.
Will try to leave this as long as I can, but you do have to keep testing!!! :lol:

Latest posts

Back