Orange blossom honey v honey

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spike101uk

Regular.
Reaction score
Plan to do a belgiun wit style and add honey , it's a 19 litre batch and plan to add 680g honey, would anyone that's used Orange blossom honey before know if its worth using and will it impart a slightly Orange flavour with the honey

I've not brewed with orange blossom honey, but after adding a load of a very delicious elderflower cordial to a wilko lager kit I had, I wouldn't have bothered. There was no discernable elderflower flavour at all in the resulting beer. I'd be surprised if the very gentle orange flavour would persist.

The only thing i can offer is experience of drinking La Socarrada, a craft beer from Spain which is made with rosemary honey and it does have a hint of rosemary (EDIT: it ismade with rosemary as well). So it *might* make a difference and i don't know how much you would need. Let us know how you get on if you decide to go ahead.

Oh and don't boil the honey.

Well I tried this and first yeast stopped after 20 points 1064 to 1044 so re pitched and it went down to 1026 and stall again and nothing will get it started so I'm gonna have to bin it

Well I tried this and first yeast stopped after 20 points 1064 to 1044 so re pitched and it went down to 1026 and stall again and nothing will get it started so I'm gonna have to bin it

Try a honey Saison next time, the yeasts are much higher attenuating so cope better. My last one I used 240g of Heather honey and ended up with a 6.6% ABV beer. ;)

Back