Out of options

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labrewski

Landlord.
Reaction score
So I've been doing kits for about a year and a half now tried every one I liked the look of dont have time or equipment for all grain so I'm trying out buying lme dextrose hops and making my kit anyone else do this first 2 I've done boiled 50g of hops in wort for 30 min sieve then dry hopped another 50g at the end tried a sample after 1 week condition in bottle and seems bitter not to much cos I like bitterness 2nd was just 100g dry hopped am I going to far do shop kits have other ingredients

So I've been doing kits for about a year and a half now tried every one I liked the look of dont have time or equipment for all grain so I'm trying out buying lme dextrose hops and making my kit anyone else do this first 2 I've done boiled 50g of hops in wort for 30 min sieve then dry hopped another 50g at the end tried a sample after 1 week condition in bottle and seems bitter not to much cos I like bitterness 2nd was just 100g dry hopped am I going to far do shop kits have other ingredients

If I've understood the question, you could try doing either a steep of some grains or a stove top mini mash and add them to your malt and dextrose? That should give you a better result than just malt extract and dextrose.

Or you could do a simple kit and pimp it with mini mash instead of using the dextrose and dry hop?

Latest posts

Back