Pale Ale with a hint of cheese

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisRedWills

Regular.
Reaction score
ok seasoned brewer's I'm new to ag I did a pale ale which went great I bottled about 10 days ago so thought I'd try one today first impressions looked good but on tasting it had a slight tinge of what I can only describe as a cheesy taste and smell the beer didn't taste that bad actually but I'm a bit concerned any thoughts
Cheers

did you leave the mash or let the temp drop at all as the lactobacillus naturally in the grain can bring out a cheesy smell to the brew

The mash went well no significant change the hops came with the kit and was sealed and I don't like cheesy pizza lol

Looks like it's heading for the drain
After only 10 days? It's way too soon to be thinking about that. Try a bottle a week and see how it develops. Early weird tastes can go away over time and if they don't, or they get worse, then at least you'll know you really did have a problem and it was in all the bottles.

Noooooo ...Lambic brewer,s Deliberately use 5 year old cheesey hops but also age the beer for many years.. give it time...
But nice hops are the way to go .... would you like some homegrown east kents... for a swap of your beer. I don't want to come across big headed but luckily have not had many problems... when a start a had the green apple problem but you find were you went wrong and move on ...

Latest posts

Back