Passionfruit IPA Suggestions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamLock1

Reaction score
Hey All,

Brewing a 25L batch this weekend

4.7kg Simpsons Pale Malt
0.7kg Wheat

65°c mash for 60 mins

25g Magnum 60mins
40g Mosaic 0mins
40g Chinook 0mins

WLP095 Burlington Ale Yeast

The plan was to add some passionfruit purée into secondary. All I can find is the Funkin Cocktails stuff which I have heard mixed reviews about.

Would anyone have any suggestions on alternatives methods to adding the passionfruit?

Rather than adding passionfruit - why not try to create that flavour profile with Hops?

Flame Out and Dry Hop with massive amounts of Citra, Galaxy and Simcoe. That should provide an abundance of Passionfruit, citrus, apricot, mango type flavours.

I agree with Thodd, if you use loads of galaxy and amarillo late in the boil you will get plenty of passionfruit flavour and aroma. I think it's difficult to get real fruit flavours into a beer, the sugars in the fruit ferment out often leaving the beer dry or a little sharp with very little aromatics from the fruit left.

While hops are obviously the best solution, you could always add flavourings.

You could add at the conditioning stage to avoid having them driven off.

Try adding a flavouring to the bottles. I did this with my Summer Glory clone and added some peach essence....
Mr MyQul liked it!! So I guess it works!

Latest posts

Back