PCO38 threaded bottle in UK

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sold out in 5 hrs apparently !
Lol, I was tried a look at kegland Au, they don't ship internationally, but somehow I ended up looking at kegland cn. They seemed more than happy to quote and ship, but a min order value of 3000 USD. No way I even have that, let alone a desire for anything coming close to that cost.

But only selling them as a lot with 2 kegs and one tapping head?? What's the point of only one head? Surely that leaves one of the kegs useless... I wouldn't want to have to release pressure to move the head over, and oxygen in etc. Seems a strange way to sell them @AngelHomebrew or am I missing something? ?

But only selling them as a lot with 2 kegs and one tapping head?? What's the point of only one head? Surely that leaves one of the kegs useless... I wouldn't want to have to release pressure to move the head over, and oxygen in etc. Seems a strange way to sell them @AngelHomebrew or am I missing something? ?
Hi,

Sorry about that, its just how have bought this first lot which got air freighted over on pallet

The kegs have come in a bags with 2 kegs and one tapping head

Will be available in different flexible options next time round when receive next container but all we have for now

Regards
Paul

I've purchased three with one tapping head. In the few seconds it takes to remove the cap and screw on the tapping head how much do you think this would affect the beer? It's going back on gas and any oxygen can be purged.

It's not something I thought about when ordering, maybe I need to put another order in for a couple more heads?

My concern isnt really the oxygen, but if you are swapping over to a full & carbed keg, the pressure release will cause frothing and likely spillage.
I've had a few bottles go off like a volcano when I opened them but 99% have been absolutely fine. I put that down to possibility of the fermentation not finishing before bottling (luckily this was just a few as the rest was kegged). Now if that was to happen with a 8l bottle that would be an absolute disaster!

Tapping heads were about £7-8 on Aliexpress last week with free shipping. Not sure if they still are.

I’m waiting for the 4l ones.
I've gone for 1 of the 8L ones, but the 4s look great for taking some into the house an not have to walk all that way to the kegarator in the garage!
I grabbed 2 tapping heads from Ali last week, £7 each, but now out of stock. But they do have just the black but for half that, but you need your own disconnects, tube and PRV to add.

Latest posts

Back