Picture or Video of the day.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot_20231104_153957_Google.jpg

I had one of these for nearly a year. It was on my femur,the bone was broken under anaesthetic,I loosened the frame twice a day and opened it half a mm each time with an Allen key. The bone being broken rather than sawn knits and heals quicker and better. The half mm gap bridges in between cranks so I was breaking and stretching my leg twice a day for a few months. When the required length was achieved the frame was bolted off for the break to mend. I was on crutches for maybe 10 months then a stick. Not the coolest thing at 17! The four pins were removed in out patients,no anaesthetic, just unscrewed with pliers! I still have the pins.

The scars are like bullet holes plus a few "stab" marks. Many years ago I was lying by a pool in a warmer country and some kids came and asked about what happened to my leg.
Well...I said...and spun them a yarn about epic shark battles out in Australia and other scary stuff to which they were amazed and suitably frightened! All for a laugh to break the sunbathing monotony.
Embarrassingly,later on a by the bar a couple of the parents were " sorry to hear of my experience "...but were desperate for a story!
Oops!

I wish people today were aware of the put your foot on the crossing rule we have very narrow pavements here and on one crossing in town you never know if people are wanting to cross or are chatting, when stood close to the crossing, I have lost count of the number of times I have stopped just in case and they have walked off.
If you run them down, it would stop repeat errors.

Remember when everyone wore denim jackets long before hoodies became the fashion here.

Looks like the go to jacket between mid 60s to 90s according to this -

Last edited:
Royal mail back in the 70s

A trial by the post office to take passengers on their rounds as a lot of places were not on bus routes.

1699358693344.png

Back