PIDS and SSRS

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleman

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Built my controller, and set it up for testing . . . No power output, so dismantled it all again, to check that the SSRs were working . . . . No, with an output from the PID (8.43V 40mA) the LED indicator on the SSR didn't light, so took 12V from the PSU and connected that across the terminals of the SSR . . . LED on, so the SSR is OK. . . . More or less

The SSR in question is One of These and looking at the specs Min On Voltage > 2.4V Min on Current > 7.5mA @ 12V, it suggests that my PID is more than capable of turning this thing on

Any Ideas??

Aleman said:
with an output from the PID (8.43V 40mA)

Hmmm - are these measured values or from the datasheet? - From your description, it sounds like the SSR is working ok and the problem could well be with the PID but need to know a bit more info... What is the PID you are using?

Thanks EB, The voltage was measured across the terminals at the back of the PID (And at the SSR End, just in case I had trapped the insulation ;) ) . . . I'll check current and report back (Edit - Just Checked and its reading 39.43mA . . . Now I'm even more confused :hmm: )

This is the PID In Question

And the instructions/spec are Here UserId tempctrl password goldfish.

I have connected this up to an LED From Maplin and it lights this with no problem . . . in fact it's a bit too bright . . . must get around to putting a current limit resistor in series with it

DOH!

Had the wires crossed Plus to minus and minus to plus

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

All working now . . . or will be when I put it all together and rewire the switching/indicator side of it :party: :party: :party:

Latest posts

Back