OTT Brewday power panel

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cushyno

Landlord.
Reaction score
Inspired by @AdeDunn 's Self build BIAB kit here, I built a do-it-all power panel.

I have the most basic Peco boiler you can buy, but wanted to create a decent power controller that would suit all my brewday power needs and be usable with other Hlt's and kettles.

rps20181119_234947.jpg

rps20181119_235555.jpg

Feature list:
  • Rated at 13A output if I need it.
  • Rex-c100 PID controller with 40A SSR.
  • Voltage controller 0-100% for variable element power.
  • Control switchable via 2x switches (on-off-on double pole) - Off/PID/VC/PID+VC/On
  • Panel 240v on/off
  • 12V supply on/off
  • Fused 12V supply for 2x pumps with Jack plug sockets.
  • 12v fan switchable, to keep things cool inside
  • Jack plug connector for PT-100 temperature probe.
Finally got to use it yesterday doing a moonlit Weissbier brew and it worked a treat!

Hi @cushyno
That looks the Canine Cojones!
I have a three-vessel system. I used two PIDs, each with SSRs and an analog voltage regulator linked to one PID.
View attachment 16418
Very neat. I see you have illuminated switches. All my switches have indicator lamps too, however the lamps all blew on first use. While the switches are rated for 250v 16A, I think the lamps must have been 12v which is pointless.

Where did you buy yours from?

If the lamps 12/24VDC you can wire them in parallel across the SSR input so they flash when the controller calls for heat. That's what I did and find it pretty cool watching them flash away. (nerd alert)

Congrats on taking the plunge and building your own panel, its very rewarding.

Thanks for the tips guys.

If I can get decent switches it would be worth replacing the four that have blown their lamps, even though that means redoing about 20 soldered joints.

Latest posts

Back