Pina Colada ideas.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve-h71

Reaction score
Hi All, I have been thinking about summer, that might be as far as summer ever goes in this country... I do like the old pina colada for hot sunny days, when I went to the dominican republic they served it there as a slush puppy type drink, it was amazing.
I am thinking of making an alcohol pineapple drink and then adding the coconut essences as used in the spirit kits (I have heart disease and coconut is really bad for you, so using the essences is a solution to this).
I thought I would aim for an ABV of around 10% - 14%, I would use the lalvin 1118 at this goes up to 18% (so it says), I would then add it to crushed isce to recreate the slush puppy version, so it should end up around 5% - 8% ABV once mixed, which would be plenty strong enough.

Has anyone else made pina colada in this way, is the pineapple juice very strong tasting once fermented, are there any other fruit juices that will help enhance the pineapple ? ? ?

What are your thoughts......

Cheers.

Steve.

That sounds absolutely delicious! I bet something like mango and strawberry would go nicely in there too

Latest posts

Back