Plate chiller help, unidentified fittings

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grizzly299

The Beer Bear
Reaction score
Hello all, this is my first post here, but I've been lurking for a little while whilst I gather the necessary equipment to go all grain.

My question regards a second hand plate chiller in excellent condition , acquired from a boiler (one benefit of having a plumber in the family).

I need help identifying the pipe connectors on it. So without further delay ,here is the pic.

1300783831-01582500.jpg

The three "quick connect style" fittings are 1/2 inch but other than that I can't find a female counterpart for them.The other one I know is 1/2 inch bsp.

Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks!

Thanks for the reply.

It most closely resembles the quick connector on hop and grape, but its not quite the same. I'm 100% sure its not camlock.

If someone could provide the outer diameter of a 1/2 inch male quick disconnect and the dimension from the tip of the nozzle to the groove where the bearings clip in, that may help.

Thanks for the reply.

It most closely resembles the quick connector on hop and grape, but its not quite the same. I'm 100% sure its not camlock.

If someone could provide the outer diameter of a 1/2 inch male quick disconnect and the dimension from the tip of the nozzle to the groove where the bearings clip in, that may help.
Does it have a manufacturers mark on it? If it came from a boiler, would your plumber relative have a better idea? Failing that, do you have a local plumbers merchants?

Latest posts

Back