Sankey S Keg Help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo1983

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im getting married soon and having people back to mine, im going to buy a keg of Birra Moretti (for the lager boys!) to put in my Keezer that is in my outdoor wooden bar, but it's currently setup for Corny kegs.

Looking for any help on how to adapt one of my taps please!

I know I will need a Sankey S Type coupler - any ideas where to acquire a decent one? Some cheap looking ones on Amazon and elsewhere at 25-40 quid (example here Sankey Keg Coupler - S Type ) and some dearer ones at 50-60 quid elsewhere (like here - S Type Sankey Keg Coupler )

Then using 2 JG Speed-fit 3/8" to 1/2" connectors I should be able to connect the gas and beer lines as normal right?

Thanks!

Attachments

• S-Type-D-Type-Beer-Keg.jpg
    S-Type-D-Type-Beer-Keg.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Carbonation-Cap-Ball-Lock-Post-Conversion-Kit-Convert-to-Ball-Lock-Keg-Coupler-Adapter-for-Hom...jpg
    Carbonation-Cap-Ball-Lock-Post-Conversion-Kit-Convert-to-Ball-Lock-Keg-Coupler-Adapter-for-Hom...jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 0
That's perfect, found similar ball lock converters on Amazon and a 27quid coupler with good review so 42 quid all in.

I had a local guy who supplies a local football club offer me a keg but said we should aim to get through it in a week, that didnt seem right to me as normally a carbonated keg with co2 pushing the beer surely should last 2 months at least?

I had a feeling the beer may be a bit cheaper as its old or something so am looking elsewhere.

Any idea how long I should expect to be able to keep this keg on tap before it starts to go past its best?

That's perfect, found similar ball lock converters on Amazon and a 27quid coupler with good review so 42 quid all in.

I had a local guy who supplies a local football club offer me a keg but said we should aim to get through it in a week, that didnt seem right to me as normally a carbonated keg with co2 pushing the beer surely should last 2 months at least?

I had a feeling the beer may be a bit cheaper as its old or something so am looking elsewhere.

Any idea how long I should expect to be able to keep this keg on tap before it starts to go past its best?
My mate who owns a pub kept all his keg beers in lockdown and used them as soon as we opened up with no problems what so ever and that was several months

Latest posts

Back