Please Help. No C02 Pressure No Beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea I'm not sure about flow controllers really. I just have a long long line. What kind of kegs are they? I suppose if you disconnect a gas in line it will vent regardless of type. Then just slowly increase the pressure in the system until it pours well.

The kegs are actually 11g kegs from brewery so not sure how would vent them. Totally out of ideas as all
Pressure gauges show 16psi. The beer cooler is set to 2c and flowing through ok but just pouring foam and flat. Beer line is about 3m.

Not sure what else can do. I’ve tried to restrict flow as well so not ouring so fast but same problem. Looking at beer line there is a lot of bubbles but not sure how to sort that or if an issue

Just disconnect the closest gas in fitting. Should work unless they have no return valves in the keg.
Alternatively you could try inverting the keg and opening the tap so that the beer is below the dip tube.
The reason there are bubbles in the line is there is not enough friction in the system and it is lower pressure so it comes out of suspension. This can in turn lead to more turbulence in the tubes which will cause more gas to come out.
Theoretically the flow control should keep the pressure up in the system but I've heard they don't always work great. Certainly remember having trouble with them in bars sometimes.
But 16 psi is too high for sure. I'm not certain what it would be for magners I'd guess maybe 13 14.
I keep my beer at about 12 generally.

But for you in would try and vent down to just a few psi and hopefully it won't be too gassy.

I'm thinking these would normally be served with mixed gas rather than just co2 which would be more forgiving of higher pressures. Try dialling back to about 5 psi for serving after venting as divrack describes above. Also a lot of homebrew beer lines reduce the diameter of the line for several metres to reduce pressure so something else you could try if above fails.

I just read about the beer cooler. How does that work? I've heard people having problems with them sometimes.
Also the colder you can keep the kegs the better.

Latest posts

Back