Poll...Once on the Darkside have you gone Back???

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Once on the Darkside have you gone Back???

• Only to taste the difference

• NO

• YES

Results are only viewable after voting.
Baz Chaz said:
The more I read ......... the more I'm tempted :oops:

I've only just returned to brewing, how long can I leave ti until I tell Mrs C I want a boiler etc :? so much better than kits darling :roll:

Work out the cost of the equipment and how much you will save against the price of kits.

It might not take long to pay for itself.

Wez said:
Baz Chaz said:
The more I read ......... the more I'm tempted :oops:

I've only just returned to brewing, how long can I leave ti until I tell Mrs C I want a boiler etc :? so much better than kits darling :roll:

Work out the cost of the equipment and how much you will save against the price of kits.

It might not take long to pay for itself.
I'll second that Wez, might feel like a big splash of cash but the pay back is quick and the quality is second to none. :drink:

BB

If you want to go AG plan ( I deleted go shinny straight away then decided to put it back) I have spent a large sum on equipment I no longer use, it would have cost 1/5 the price to get to where I am now if I had planned it better, if you go AG go 10 gallon and buy second hand or from MD his stuff looks the nutts.

But hey I brew weird anyhow :cheers:

I'll second that Prolix...I made the same mistake :oops: Bought a load of Plastic and then bought Shiny's a while later. Would have been £'s cheaper going straight for Shiny's in the first place :whistle:

highwayman said:
I'll second that Prolix...I made the same mistake :oops: Bought a load of Plastic and then bought Shiny's a while later. Would have been £'s cheaper going straight for Shiny's in the first place :whistle:
Me Too :(

It cost me about £1200 to make my brewery, and costs about £60.00 in ingredients/gas (high street prices, could do one for about £30 wholesale) to do a brew of 150 LTRS.

IF you brewed 150ltrs using premium kit gear at around £18 per kit it would cost you £108.00.

In my eyes there is no comparison in quality AG is a 3D HD quality with full THX Home cinema system playing all the latest blockbuster entertainment.
Can Kits are a 12" black and white portable that just about picks up S4C. (no use if you don't speak the lingo)

You do the maths!

UP

unclepumble said:
Can Kits are a 12" black and white portable that just about picks up S4C.

Great way of describing it UP ... perfect!

I still lived in the south west when channel 4 started and S4C was the only version we could pick up .... bloody stupid language - superted in welsh! (I can say that, I'm half welsh. Now where's that sheep tied to a fence?)

You rotten load of buggers :shock:

now you've mentioned shiney new things and doing a proper job :oops:

how long can I resist :?

all the willpower of a half melted mars bar :oops:

I can borrow a big shiney tea urn more or less any time I want :idea:

I made an insulated box for my FV and with all the other bits n bobs I've got, can't be far off :hmm:

can hear the conversation .................

it was them big boys on the forum my darling, they made me do it, I was happy when you suggested brewing my own again, but they told me of a better way :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

AG all the way its one of the few things that bucks the trend of 'you get what you pay for', its cheaper than kits (monetarily) but the quality is much greater.

There is of course the time issue but most of us here do it as a hobby so we don't include that into the equation just as you wouldn't if you were fishing/playing golf whatever.

I love brewdays its like alchemy turning grain into beer, although i have to say i hate bottling and kegging but you have to do that regardless of how you've actually made the beer in the first place.

delboy said:
........... although i have to say i hate bottling and kegging but you have to do that regardless of how you've actually made the beer in the first place.

I bottled my first lot today ...........

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9549

rather got a quiet satisfaction from my efforts, the springloaded brewstick that I was advised to get on here was excellent :thumb:

had a quiet slurp as well, very impressed :drink: I know it's only a 'kit beer' but gotta start (again) somewhere :idea: although I've another one to go, it may be my last :shock: nope not giving up just being led astray by you lot talking of better things and shiney boilers and mash tuns and ............... all sorts of nice things I'm going to have to persuade the Mrs I need :pray:

Latest posts

Back