poly tunnels

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...anyone got a poly tunnel? Can you recommend a supplier? Also type..trench or based plate secured?
We've managed to secure some more allotment space approx 35 x 18 ft do are looking to put one on there..around 25x10 probably.

Cheers

Clint

I've bought mine from first tunnels. Great service and great quality tunnels. Not the cheapest, but by far the best quality for the ££.

Mine is base plate. I started with a buried trench but you just can't get the tension you need. So I would base plate all day long.

Other recommendation is to have the side netting on one side of your tunnel if it's big. It's great for controlling the temp and it not overheating and getting to humid.

Just shout for any other things. I love my tunnel. I just always wish I had bought a bigger one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks...I've considered a self build and first tunnels is where I've been looking too...seems a lot to consider regarding construction options.

Thanks...I've considered a self build and first tunnels is where I've been looking too...seems a lot to consider regarding construction options.

Have you looked on Pinterest for ideas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Building your own can be a lot more expensive, but you get what you want and the size you want, I am building my second one at the moment, full polytunnel would kill everything over here, even partial like my first one becomes to hot. OK for tomatoes capsicums chilli and eggplant but even in the winter cauliflower, cabbages etc bolt.
This second one is all insect mesh, but that will be to hot in the summer.

014.jpg

Back