Nitrous oxide: Laughing gas sales to be banned, says Gove

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is exactly that and it is legal unlike breathing in laughing gas there is also a guideline of how many units per week its safe to drink no such guideline for breathing in laughing gas.

You appear to be on a mission to prove my views on this wrong believe me you are wasting your time.

View attachment 83566

The guidelines have no basis in science, hence the wild variation country to country.

Way to much, and i am as guilty as the next person, i enjoy a tipple or 3 but not to the point were i am non functional
Ha ha, me too. I consider myself doing well cos I’m now within the guidelines. Unfortunately they’re the old guidelines of 28 units a week, oops

It is exactly that and it is legal unlike breathing in laughing gas there is also a guideline of how many units per week its safe to drink no such guideline for breathing in laughing gas.

You appear to be on a mission to prove my views on this wrong believe me you are wasting your time.

View attachment 83566

not on a mission, I promise.

I’m just trying to say that what’s right isn’t always legal, and what’s legal isn’t always right.

I don’t think that anyone should get on their high horse about their particular choice of poison, or judge those with different proclivities.

The fact is that in excess, or taken too regularly most things are pretty bad for you.

As I’ve previously said, this move by the government is a cynical, headline grabbing ploy that will change little other than criminalising children.

Unfortunately they’re the old guidelines of 28 units a week, oops
The graph i posted may be outdated but better to have outdated guidelines than non at all, i wonder how many canisters of laughing gas would be classed as safe to breath every day/

Last edited:
that will change little other than criminalising children.
We appear to be going round in circles, my view still is if the ban stops kids breathing this stuff in and causing harm it'll do for me they managed to stop kids glue sniffing lets hope they can stop this trend.

The graph i posted may be outdated but better to have outdated guidelines than non at all, i wonder how many canisters of laughing gas would be classed as safe to breath every day/
Er, I was talking about my own alcohol consumption in reply to Rod

We appear to be going round in circles, my view still is if the ban stops kids breathing this stuff in and causing harm it'll do for me they managed to stop kids glue sniffing lets hope they can stop this trend.
But it won’t stop anything, that’s the point

But it won’t stop anything, that’s the point
As i said below they managed to stop kids glue sniffing lets hope they can stop this trend.

my view still is if the ban stops kids breathing this stuff in and causing harm it'll do for me they managed to stop kids glue sniffing lets hope they can stop this trend.

they managed to stop kids glue sniffing lets hope they can stop this trend.
Wow... I haven't even thought about people sniffing glue in decades! I remember being taught about it in those social education classes at school...

How did they stop them... Did they ban glue? :coat:

Never tried NOS so I might give it a go for a giggle.
I tried propane once it was a good buzz and the big plus the tanks are massive :D

1679946320640.png

So are we banning pencils next, to stop people sticking then in their eyes?

The issue that needs addressing is communities and youth centres and pay etc...

Wow... I haven't even thought about people sniffing glue in decades! I remember being taught about it in those social education classes at school...

How did they stop them... Did they ban glue? :coat:

And Gas from cans. Still widely available.

Kids will be kids. Ban NOS and they'll find something else. In my time I can remember various legal highs being used - Glue, Gas, Poppers, Magic Mushrooms. NOS will be replaced by something else.

I grew up in the wild free love flowers in your hair 60s, what a time to be young, i believe Harold Wilson was not happy with my gen set and asked Tony Benn to sort it out Benn was quoted as telling Wilson no you do it i love it, ah well 70 next month now were did i put my weed acheers.

Latest posts

Back