Pressure Barrel Carbonation Question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OlsBean

Reaction score
I'm relative new to Brewing (on my 3rd brew) and I am using a Pressure Barrel for the first time for a St Peters Golden Ale Kit.

I transferred to my PB after 14 days in the FV (OG 1044 FG 1012) and primed with sugar, stuck a heat belt on the PB and all seemed well but I made the classic mistake of not checking to see if the PB was holding pressure, :doh: I realised after 48 hours it was not, I found the issue quickly and rectified it, I'm hoping I caught it in time and it has not been compromised. I gave the PB a shot of a mini CO2 canister at this point to make up for the lost 2 days and it has been going for another 4 days now, holding pressure so far (7-8 bar).

I was originally going to warm condition it for 2 weeks but my question is, as I gave it a shot of CO2 and the pressure is holding, can I now after just 6 days in total take of the heating belt and put it out to cold condition? I am not impatient to finish it, however I am to free up the heating belt I am using on it so I can use it on another brew I have planned.

Any advice would be appreciated thank you.

TIA

Latest posts

Back