Pressure Fermenting and bottling

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torshon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, looking for a little help, have got an 'All Rounder' for my birthday and getting a spunding valve, which means as far aa i know with a regulator and Cannister i can pressure ferment.
What's the protocol for bottling instead of kegging
with a pressure setup? What else do i need to buy?
Whatever you do dont tell my wife!

In theory you don't need a canister to pressure ferment - I did with my corny as you need pressure to seal the lid. Want system do you have?

Not sure about bottling sorry - I just pour from my beer taps and then pop a carbonation cap on to add a little more gas - but I barely bottle any at all.

To really do justice a counter pressure bottle filler is needed. They vary in price some cheap tricky ones. I like the look of the Boel Itap reviewed by Dr Hans and David Heath and Dudes Brew. I have the williams warn counter pressure filler it is expensive but it does a first class job. No mess. Product stays in tip top condition ( excuse the pun ), you do need a CO2 supply but it doesn't use much gas. I mostly keg but always bottle part of my ferment as most of my kegs 20 litres so the remaining 8 plus litres gets bottled ( or drunk direct from fermenter ).
With my pressure ferments I aim to have the beer fully carbonated without adding CO2 before kegging or bottling, using a lot less gas these days.

Latest posts

Back