Problem pressurising Corny kegs

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

periolus

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi all!
Right - I have never used corny kegs before. Just got CO2 yesterday and attached my new regulator. Straight off, I could see my master cylinder pressure on my first dial (600psi) - brilliant.

I attached my gas line to the corny and managed to get 30 psi registered and the release valve let out the gas reassuringly after 10 minutes. However, pressure didn’t drop on the dial for the keg. Since trying again and disconnecting/reconnecting lines, the keg appears to not be taking gas, but the dial says it has pressure. Now, my master gauge is reading zero and I obviously have loads of gas in the cylinder!!

I am wondering if I haven’t pushed fittings on hard enough on the gas line? Is there anything else I should be checking?

I can send photos if it helps.

Hi all!
Right - I have never used corny kegs before. Just got CO2 yesterday and attached my new regulator. Straight off, I could see my master cylinder pressure on my first dial (600psi) - brilliant.

I attached my gas line to the corny and managed to get 30 psi registered and the release valve let out the gas reassuringly after 10 minutes. However, pressure didn’t drop on the dial for the keg. Since trying again and disconnecting/reconnecting lines, the keg appears to not be taking gas, but the dial says it has pressure. Now, my master gauge is reading zero and I obviously have loads of gas in the cylinder!!

I am wondering if I haven’t pushed fittings on hard enough on the gas line? Is there anything else I should be checking?

I can send photos if it helps.
Okay - got pressure on dials immediately again when I open the valve on the cylinder. However, none I’m the keg. If I close the valve again, pressure drops to zero on broth dials in a few minutes. Could I have a leak?

Attachments

• 6BE79616-C731-4C47-B4DF-6B7B5E2FCE06.jpeg
    6BE79616-C731-4C47-B4DF-6B7B5E2FCE06.jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 959A6E95-229A-4F91-AE2E-BA09420DF4E2.jpeg
    959A6E95-229A-4F91-AE2E-BA09420DF4E2.jpeg
    51.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 55142777-DE29-4539-B80E-02173F724FE2.jpeg
    55142777-DE29-4539-B80E-02173F724FE2.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 0
Ah…..that might not be helping! I’ll swap my grey and black over and see if that helps! Sorry for newbie ignorance with this, but what are the check valves? ☺️

All sorted, thank you for your help! Swapped the fittings and have successfully pressurised and dispensed sanitizer, rinsing water and now kegged with Turbo Cider - sorry to use the ‘c’ word, but can’t brew beer until I convert my Coolbox for my MT! 😂 That’s in a different post - I’ll let you know how it goes!

Latest posts

Back