Pumpkin Beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoked some pork too. Brew/smoke day.

Attachments

• IMG_7887.jpeg
    IMG_7887.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 0
Got a pumpkin spiced stout in the keg at the mo as it happens!

It's tasting good, 2 cans of puree into a 10L batch at then 1/2 teaspoon of each of nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger in secondary, all on top of a nice roasty milk stout recipe that I put together. It's come out nicely balanced and not overpoweringly spiced, certainly won't be a chore drinking it!

I think the idea is the spices are the ‘pumpkin’ flavour. More of a pumpkin pie beer.
OK. So it's a "theme" thing: Halloween, Thanksgiving, Autumn, rather than an adjunct.
I get it.
I have a vision of sitting around a camp-fire on a cold dark night with a mug of hot pumpkin beer and good company and cheer.
Would never drink it regularly, but under those circumstances it would be perfect.
Am I on the right track here?

I was sent a pumpkin ale in one of the Christmas swaps. Can't remember who sent it but it was nice enough for me to keep a copy of the recipe. Although pumpkin is fairly tasteless all the recipes I've seen require it to be roasted and put in the mash. Roast pumpkin is very tasty indeed.

Order placed for another go at Pumpkin Pie Porter. My 4 weeks of abstinence will be up on Monday 30th, so sure it will taste good however it turns out.

Now to find some pumpkin.

Latest posts

Back