Question about temperature

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sephibaby

Reaction score
Hallo all,

Quick question about temperature control.

Now I’m fully committed to brewing, loving the hobby - I want a place in my garage where I can store my fermenter when it’s full. Currently it’s in a spare wardrobe in an upstairs room, but it’s not ideal

As you can well imagine, my garage is bloody cold, especially at this time of year, and I’ve heard that unplugged fridges are a good solution, keeping to about 20-22C.

Can anyone confirm this, and is this the same in the warmer months too? If not, how do people keep their brews at the temperature recommended for the yeast to ferment?

I should probably point out that I’m mainly using brewing kits, and they all seem to use a generic yeast that needs 21-27C

Thanks in advance you lovely brewers!

You really need to make the fridge into a brew fridge with a Heater and controller so that you can set it at the ideal fermentation temp.
Inkbird twin plug controller one for the cooling part of the fridge and one for the heater you install. Will cost circa £40ish
Search the forum or look on youtube plenty of info on how to do this

Latest posts

Back