Quick Newbie Question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuffe

Reaction score
Hello can someone please advise me on how to finish my cheeky vimto and Turbo cider please. I have filtered my Cheeky Vimto from one DJ to another with potassium sorbate & a campden tablet but I am not sure if this was the correct thing to do? I basically copied Moleys WOW instructions, the Cheeky V had been fermenting for around 16 days and sat in kitchen for 3 days in new DJ and now is out in the garage. I'm now a little unsure of what to do next?
Also I have some Turbo Cider which has fermented out do I treat this the same as WOW and rack with campden tablet + Potassium sorbate or just bottle? It fermented for about 10 days and has stopped the last 4 days.
Hopefully someone can answer my simple question. (I basically just copy Moleys wow instructions for everything) :wha:

If you add campden and sorbate it will kill or neuter any remaining yeasties, so you will have to drink it flat.

If you want a fizz, don't use CTs or sorbate, prime and condition as with a beer.

Thanks Moley I guess I have a flat Vimto drink then.
So with the cider do I just syphon into bottles and add a bit of sugar? and leave for how long usually? sorry

Hi Chuffe,seeing as Moley is busy i'll jump in.Prime the bottles1/4-1/2 tsp sugar & fill,place in a warm place for at least 7 days to allow carbonation & then move to a cool place for at least another week. Enjoy :cheers:

Thanks fermentall so no need to transfer to a second dj like with wine then

Latest posts

Back