Quick release gas connection?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crowcrow

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi,

Not sure if such a thing exists, but I've looked a little and not found one.

I currently have my gas in the keezer and want to move it outside to make room for a 3rd keg.

But ideally I'd not build a collar, I'll just disconnect when I don't need the gas.
Any suitable quick release gas connections or should I just build a small collar and be done with it? (on that, any collar tips? Would only need to be big enough for the lines so thinking just polystyrene?)

Not entirely sure what you mean but you could use a barbed carbonation cap and a corny gas disconnect.

Last edited:
Sorry - I have a gas line coming out of my regulator and into a 4 way splitter which then goes to two kegs and a spare line for carbing water.

Ahead of the 4 way, I'd like a quick release so I can disconnect the gas and properly close the keezer. Not sure if such a thing exists, but if not I'll built a very very small collar.

Last edited:
Likewise, I'm not too sure I understand what you're trying to do. Having a collar and disconnecting the gas are not mutually exclusive. If you don't have a collar, I assume you use a picnic tap or beer gun. Where are you wanting this disconnect to be?

Ok, I think I understand now (I saw your latest post after submitting my response).
So you only want the gas hooked up to the manifold when your having a session? I wonder if you could buy a keg post and modify it to have one end attached to the manifold, and then have a quick disconnect on the other? Sound like a faff though

I wonder if you could buy a keg post and modify it to have one end attached to the manifold,
That's what my suggestion essentially is. You'd use a barbed carbonation cap as a gas post. It would clamp securely with a little jubilee clip. You could even attach everything to John Guest fittings for changing things out.

That's what my suggestion essentially is. You'd use a barbed carbonation cap as a gas post. It would clamp securely with a little jubilee clip. You could even attach everything to John Guest fittings for changing things out.
That sounds like a good idea - I'll have a look at that - but even as I write this I'm starting to lean towards a collar.

As for how I get the beer out now - I have a very very thin beer line as part of an anti foaming set up and that just pretty much sneaks through the magnetic seal - but the gas line would be too thick. I don't want to put a hole in the side of the freezer as I'm now sure where would be safe and can't go through the lid due to clearance and also being able to open and close the lid with easy.

Def feels like I could just build a very small collar now I put word to paper!

Last edited:
I did this (for my Barrelator)
IMG_20201018_130613003.jpg
IMG_20201017_131447534.jpg
IMG_20201017_130409799.jpg
IMG_20201020_110800157.jpg

So resurrecting a very old thread of mine!

I still keep my gas outside the keezer and only connect to regas as and when I need it. This is a pain as I use John guest push fittings...

Until I spotted this gas post on temu, and figured it would fit my manifold.

Now hooking up the gas is ready easy and fast, and only cost my £5 - plus the gas stays outside and no holes have been made in the keezer.

IMG_20230826_174537.jpg
IMG_20230826_174521.jpg
IMG_20230826_174659.jpg
IMG_20230826_175435.jpg
IMG_20230826_175448.jpg

Great find. Im just trawling through posts as I've got a gas leak on JG set up.

But thought I'd ask as my gas is out side my keezer and looking at a new line management when Ive solved the leak. Why do you want a disconnect when you could just turn the gas off on the cannister?

Back