R.I.P Thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RIP Shane MacGowan.

Pogues were part of the soundtrack of my life as long as I remember and I was lucky enough to go to 5 Christmas gigs of theirs.

A life well travelled.
They were a great band. I never got to see him with the Pogues. Joe Strummer had been recruited as vocalist when I saw them. I don't remember if MacGowan had been sacked or left voluntarily.

I'm surprised Shane managed to hang on this long, what with his eponymous "shandies" and bottles of rosé. Has always been my role model!
Alistair Darling has also popped his clogs. I hope they enjoy each other's company on the long climb up to them Pearly Gates.

Aw shame about Shane. I've watched the 'Crock of Gold' documentary from a year or two ago and he didn't look in great shape then.
Was surprised to see him as a kid featuring in Sex Pistols gig crowds etc. Definitely an interesting life...

@LesDennis

So terribly sad to hear that lovely Dean Sullivan has died. (68)
I did a short stint on Brookside and he welcomed me with open arms.
A lovely,funny,charming man.
He’s left us far too soon.
Thoughts with his friend and family.

1701369411992.png

I remember watching the Roly Polys on the Les Dawson show.

Tributes have been paid to former Roly Polys dancer Mo Moreland who has died aged 87. The star, originally from Sheffield, died after a long illness at a nursing home on the Fylde coast. She is best known as the lead dancer in comedy dance troupe The Roly Polys, devised by late comedian Les Dawson. ITV.

I remember watching the Roly Polys on the Les Dawson show.

Tributes have been paid to former Roly Polys dancer Mo Moreland who has died aged 87. The star, originally from Sheffield, died after a long illness at a nursing home on the Fylde coast. She is best known as the lead dancer in comedy dance troupe The Roly Polys, devised by late comedian Les Dawson. ITV.

I remember them. Didn't they feature regularly on Top of the Pops?

Na that was Pants People back in the day when Jimmy Saddle was on lots of shown unfortunately it would be far too long before he appeared in Porridge.

1702936042901.png

Yes. Here they are. Now where's Les Dawson burglared off to?
Got to admit, I'm torn between this attire and the polka-dot skirts and top hats in the other clip.

1703604382253.png

Former Antiques Roadshow expert Henry Sandon has died at the age of 95.
His son John confirmed he died peacefully at a care home in Malvern, Worcestershire, on Christmas morning.
Appointed curator of the Dyson Perrins Museum at the Royal Worcester factory in 1967, Sandon joined BBC One's Antiques Roadshow in 1979.
John Sandon, who too became a face on the show, said his father was like a "favourite uncle" to those who tuned in each week.
He added his father was "a hugely popular television presenter and a giant in the world of antiques" a well as being "synonymous with Worcester, due to his enthusiasm for Royal Worcester pots and his infectious personality".
"To the millions who tuned in every Sunday evening to watch The Antiques Roadshow, Henry was like a favourite uncle, whose enthusiasm for even the humblest piece of chipped china was infectious," John Sandon said.
"His joy when he discovered a rare Staffordshire pottery owl jug, nicknamed 'Ozzie', was a magic TV moment few will forget."

Sandon was married to Barbara for 56 years before her death in 2013, and together they had three sons, David, Peter, and John. He is also survived by three grandchildren and two great grandchildren.
In a post on X, formerly Twitter, auctioneer Phillip Serrell, who has appeared on Bargain Hunt, Flog It and Antiques Road Trip, said Mr Sandon "did so much to promote antiques".

BBC News

A statement from his family to German news agency DPA read: "It is with deep sadness that we announce that my husband and our father, Franz Beckenbauer, passed away peacefully in his sleep yesterday, Sunday, surrounded by his family.

Good to read he passed peacefully in his sleep.

Square profile picture
BBC Sport
Wales and British and Irish Lions rugby legend JPR Williams has died at the age of 74.
Our thoughts are with his family and friends

1704748227859.png
1704748432279.png

Back