Racked my wild cherry

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandit081

Reaction score
Racked the Wild Cherry last night, was at .998 way to dry for my liking.

Can anyone give me any advice on how to back sweeten, never done this before.

I added the C tabs last night, didnt need to fine it as it is crystal clear but I have never used stabilisers before , are these recommended.

Was a little sharp to, but hey so were the cherries! Was thinking of leaving it for 6 months or is this too long?

Thanks in advance !

.998 sounds on the medium side of medium-dry to me, but I don't know how you like your wines. For a country wine from fruits, 6 months is probably about right, and you could find by then that it's a lot more pleasing to your tastes.

Stabiliser (potassium sorbate) is useful for peace of mind, prevents bottle fermentation and popped corks. If you're going to back-sweeten, sorbate should be used. Also, at .998 it might not be quite finished, so you might want to make sure you've stopped it.

To sweeten, dissolve a couple of ounces of sugar in half a mug of boiling water and add that to your wine, or personally I use white grape juice, around 200ml usually seems about right to me.

Latest posts

Back