Readings

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerBelly

Reaction score
Having made a ribena wine a few weeks ago, i had a starting gravity of 110, it as stopped gassing off (two days) so this morning i took another reading it shows 1040, that gives me a % of 8 i think.
I tasted it it tastes very sweet and thick, also tastes more alcoholic than the 8% i worked it out at :drunk:
ANY HELP INFO ADVICE PLEASE
I shall be moving the hooch to another demijohn to settle and clear (though it's hard to see through the claret colour) :D

Check your airlock is fitted properly, can you see any bubbles rising in the DJ?

That ain't finished by any means, don't rack it yet, in fact giving it a shake could help.

Did you boil off the preservatives when you started this?

Oh, BTW, 70 drop = 9.5% abv already.

Thanks for quick reply, i checked airlock its fine, it actually bubbled over a couple of time over the last week, like a sticky jam like throth, that as stopped now, and yes there are small fizz like bubbles still rising through the demi john, as for preservatives no i did not boil first, it's just pure ribena from the bottle with added sugar water and yeast, and half a campden tablet.
So your saying reseal bung and bubbler and give it a shake and wait another couple of weeks atleast?
Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back