Rebottling

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poppinjay

Reaction score
Hi,

I am fairly new to homebrewing so excuse my question, but google is not offering much assistance.

I made spme bitter and bottled it straight from the fermenter, but some of the hops residue is in the bottles. Its not making it taste unpleasent, but just looks a bit off putting when you serve it up.

Its been bottled for about 3 weeks now and I was wondering if I can restrain the bottles into a barrel and rebottle it adding more sugar for carbination or will it be to late as the yeast has done its job

Any help will be appreciated

I don't brew beer but from what i have read over the years here the risk of spoiling the beer by doing this is not worth it and if it tastes ok pour it gently and drink it as it is.

I am sure the brewers will correct me if the above is a load of rubbish. :laugh8:

Ha,

I am happy to drink it pourred over a glass with a sieve acheers. but it might put a mate off if they pop round for a taster

Hi,

I am fairly new to homebrewing so excuse my question, but google is not offering much assistance.

I made spme bitter and bottled it straight from the fermenter, but some of the hops residue is in the bottles. Its not making it taste unpleasent, but just looks a bit off putting when you serve it up.

Its been bottled for about 3 weeks now and I was wondering if I can restrain the bottles into a barrel and rebottle it adding more sugar for carbination or will it be to late as the yeast has done its job

Any help will be appreciated
I wouldn't re-bottle for many reasons. The largest being that oxidation of beer is bad and if you rebottle you'll likely end-up with beer that tastes a bit like cardboard. Chippy_Tea is correct as well. If you have something drinkable, drink it, enjoy it and consider it a lesson learned.

Looking on the bright-side.... if you're new to homebrewing and this is your biggest mistake, you're doing much better than when most of us started-out!

Back