Recent armed forces Veterans protests

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lee smeaton

Reaction score
Just trying to get an idea if anyone outside of the military veterans community was aware of the recent protests in London. On 12th March Operation Rolling Thunder saw approximately 22,000 veteran motorcyclists protest in London. On good Friday I was one of approximately 30,000 veterans from all three services that marched to Buckingham palace, sang god save the queen, marched through admiralty arch, stopped and paid respects at the cenotaph then continued to parliament square where we ceremonially turned our backs on parliament. All of this was to highlight the injustice of prosecution of veterans of Northern Ireland who are now in their 70's when their equivalent combatants on the other side were given pardons and letters of immunity. The reason I am asking if anyone had heard about the protests was because the BBC has put a blanket ban on any reports of these veterans protests but some info is getting through on social media - has the info reached anyone on here?

I listened to the football on BBC 5live yesterday and never heard anything about it, was it just the BBC that blanked it?

I listened to the football on BBC 5live yesterday and never heard anything about it, was it just the BBC that blanked it?

It happened over a month ago.

I have seen something about it but I will be honest, I didn't read it. Just 'another' protest story was my thoughts.

Shame it seems more worthy than people laying down in streets because of climate change or whatever they are moaning about

heres a picture from the first protest on 12th April

Attachments

• bridge.jpg
    bridge.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 54
and here is a picture from good Friday - and we were ignored by the main stream media

Attachments

• vets.jpg
    vets.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 69
I read a lot of news online but have not read anything about this protest. But I agree it's unjust.

I never heard about it and have no idea what the issues are so can't comment further.

A courier at our works was there. Only thing I ever heard of it, whilst the climate change mob were all over the news recently. But that's the Beeb and totally par for the course ( cause ).

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want to turn a beer forum into a place for political rants so this will be my last comment on this subject - just see what happens on May the 18th around the country, if the BBC wont come to us, we will go to them.

Lee you are not turning the forum into political rant area .....Its good to spread the word....we are in interesting times . In protest I have just left the kit Party and joined the AG Party......PS keep your powder dry .......

apologies I gave the incorrect dates, it was 12th APRIL and 19th April - I incorrectly said March

Latest posts

Back