Recipe help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gee117

Reaction score
I have these ingrediens;

Crushed oat 156g
Crystal malt 330g
Chocolate malt 250g

1kg Light dme

Northern brewer pellets 50g
North kent Golding pellets 37g
Irish moss

Can some one help me with a recire with just the ingredients i have left?

Last edited:
Do you have yeast or will you be buying that separately? What quantities of everything do you have?

I’d suggest a small batch California Common. Add 10% crystal to your LME, Northern Brewer at 60 and 20mins to around 40IBU and ferment with either MJ M54 or CML Cali Common.

Do you have yeast or will you be buying that separately? What quantities of everything do you have?

I’d suggest a small batch California Common. Add 10% crystal to your LME, Northern Brewer at 60 and 20mins to around 40IBU and ferment with either MJ M54 or CML Cali Common.

I will be buying the yeast and I have added the amount of stuff I have

Click on the "Recipes" button at the top of the page. Don't be afraid, it won't bite you.

When you have registered, the first five recipes are free so you can feed in the amounts of grain, LME, hops etc into the recipe section and see what develops. From what you have listed you could possibly make about +/-15 litres of low ABV Mild Ale.

From bitter experience (i.e. a Barley Wine that tastes like liquid dark bitter chocolate!) I strongly suggest that you use only 30 to 40g of Chocolate Malt in your Mash, otherwise your brew will taste only of chocolate.

Enjoy.:gulp:

I found brewersfriend really useful when starting out and developing recipes. I just search for recipes with 1 or 2 of the ingredients I have and generally find one then just mess around with it until I get something that looks right.

Here is Mild recipe "Adhoc oat Mild" I just made up! Think it would come out lovely jubly...

19L Batch

1000g DME 56.9%
156g oats 8.9%
200g Crystal 11.4%
100g Chocolate 5.7%
300g Demerara Sugar 17%
37g Goldings

OG: 1.030
FG: 1.006
ABV: 3.1
IBU: 28
EBC: 28

Just need some yeast and a bag of Demerara sugar.

Latest posts

Back