Red grape and Apple

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Portreath

Landlord.
Reaction score
Just put together a red grape and apple turbo. 1 ltr reg grape and 4ltr apple both from sainsbury's and it looks so nice I could drink it right away. Has anyone else done this one?

I have made wine with the same juice 1 litre of red grape juice and 1.5 litres of apple juice, its one of our favourites.

Hey, that sounds lush. Wine is something I'd like to try. If you've posted the recipe/process let me know, I'd like to give it a go.
Thanks

Hey, that sounds lush. Wine is something I'd like to try. If you've posted the recipe/process let me know, I'd like to give it a go.
Thanks

Have a look at this - http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=49462

Give the orange version a miss until you have tried others as its a bit like marmite (some like it some hate it) , red grape juice and apple is a forum favourite and the recipe is at the bottom of the first post.

Thanks for the reply and links. I'm off to Wilko and Sainsbury's tomorrow to buy the ingredients and will be getting my first ever wine brewed. How long do you recommend leaving before it's ready to drink?

How long do you recommend leaving before it's ready to drink?

This type of wine doesn't really get better with age so is fine as soon as its bottled.

The orange version was not nice when young and did benefit from a couple of weeks ageing (but not much) we never made it again.

Never thought of doing a turbo cider with some grape juice in. Might give that a go at some point.

As above I have done a wine using grape and apple, turns out to be quite nice.

Thanks.

Back