Regulator Doesn't Fit Gas Bottle - Help!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a bit of a problem. Trying to get my Kegarator set up and get my beer kegged for the first time, but the gas regulator doesn't seem to fit the gas bottle. šŸ¤Æ Seems like I need some sort of adaptor, but what? I'm going away on holiday in a few days so I'm running out of time to get this beer kegged and I'm panicking slightly, so any advice would be appreciated. šŸ˜‚
1000016241.jpg
1000016239.jpg
1000016243.jpg

This might help it explains the difference in gas bottle pressure so as you can see the regulator for co2 runs a lot lower on pressure so not suitable for mixed gas.
You could get 60/40 (it is a compressed gas so could be at 3000PSI - CO2 is a liquid at about 8-900PSI)

Just ordered a mixed gas regulator. šŸ˜† That bottle of 70/30 cost me an arm and leg, so I'm going to use it! I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that 70/30 would be best for the ales and stouts that I'll mainly have on my Kegarator?

Mixed gas will work fine in stouts, I haven't tried it in an ale.
I have just added mixed gas to my kegerator.
Co2 for all the beers and mixed just for stout.
That looks like the same brand I get, you can get that in 2kg bottles and co2 in 3 or 6s but you'd need another bottle agreement.

You might as well go and get a bottle of co2 as well now then you can use the best gas for the beer you are serving šŸ˜ I use mixed gas for stouts but co2 for everything else. Be aware that if you are serving stout with mixed gas you might want a stout spout for the best experience šŸ‘

Mixed gas will work fine in stouts, I haven't tried it in an ale.
I have just added mixed gas to my kegerator.
Co2 for all the beers and mixed just for stout.
That looks like the same brand I get, you can get that in 2kg bottles and co2 in 3 or 6s but you'd need another bottle agreement.
It will turn any beer into creamflow using the correct tap.

Anything else itā€™s pointlessā€¦apart from maybe propelling lager from your house to next street.

I
You might as well go and get a bottle of co2 as well now then you can use the best gas for the beer you are serving šŸ˜ I use mixed gas for stouts but co2 for everything else. Be aware that if you are serving stout with mixed gas you might want a stout spout for the best experience šŸ‘

Anything else itā€™s pointlessā€¦apart from maybe propelling lager from your house to next street.
Okay... this is more new information! Different tap types, spout types? I have the Mangrove Jacks triple tap Kegarator (pictured below), so not a huge amount of flexibility there, but this is all good information for future setups. šŸ˜

1000016258.png

I have just had a look at the kegarator spec on brew2bottle and it says they are ultratap's, all you would need is a compatible stout spout, the end that unscrews not a full new tap šŸ‘

Brew2bottle have these in stock which it says are compatible

https://brew2bottle.co.uk/collections/taps-fonts/products/ultratap-stout-spout

I am not necessarily recommending brew2bottle, it is simply the first site that came up when I searched the kegarator

I

Okay... this is more new information! Different tap types, spout types? I have the Mangrove Jacks triple tap Kegarator (pictured below), so not a huge amount of flexibility there, but this is all good information for future setups. šŸ˜

View attachment 96560

I have just had a look at the kegarator spec on brew2bottle and it says they are ultratap's, all you would need is a compatible stout spout, the end that unscrews not a full new tap šŸ‘

Brew2bottle have these in stock which it says are compatible

https://brew2bottle.co.uk/collections/taps-fonts/products/ultratap-stout-spout

I am not necessarily recommending brew2bottle, it is simply the first site that came up when I searched the kegarator

For Ā£7 that's exactly the tap you need.
The disc inside does the business.

Something like this will just screw on as a straight swap.
https://www.kegland.com.au/products/stainless-steel-stout-tap-nitro-coffee
Amazing, thanks for the info! šŸ˜

Latest posts

Back