Rescuing frozen bottles?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdave

Reaction score
Ive got 30 bottles of pale ale in the garage 4 of which have frozen and burst their lids. Obviously thats the seal gone so when they defrost they'll be flat as a fart but is it worth re-priming and capping them or are they now only good for SWMBO's shandy?...

Theyre still frozen solid. Last time I tried one, the favours were VERY raw and so not particularly drinkable. looks like I'll just have to face the fact that Ive lost 4 bottles.

I lost 12 stouts Dave that I had for Xmas, now getting grief from Mrs Mc with all mine now tucked up in the spare room

bigdave said:
Ive got 30 bottles of pale ale in the garage 4 of which have frozen and burst their lids. Obviously thats the seal gone so when they defrost they'll be flat as a fart but is it worth re-priming and capping them or are they now only good for SWMBO's shandy?...

I had 6 bottles of my Christmas brew that did the same. It was so cold that it looked like the beer that escaped froze straight away. I took them in, wiped them down and quickly recapped them. Although they had lost some condition there was still some there and have been perfectly drinkable.

However I did have another 18 that didn't survive as the bottles broke. :evil:

Latest posts

Back