Research beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mystic origins. Kveik IPA.
Light flowery. The sort of thing you drink in the evening after drinking Earl Grey tea all day.
Better than mine was, but Tbh not a taste I like. Which was the reason I bought it. "was it me, or should it taste like this"

Attachments

• 20231124_122113.jpg
    20231124_122113.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 0
Stewart brewing NEIPA

Nice. Cracking head. Lasted all the way through the dishwasher. Bright grapefruit and citus flavours, like I had taken a direct hit to the face. Good smell, the hops leap out of the can and attracted the neighbours. Prolly a bit too loud for my delicate English pallet 😁

Attachments

• 20231124_122046.jpg
    20231124_122046.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 0
Titanic plum porter

Hmm. This is dull, like Paddy McDull wearing dull pants on dull day. Like drinking ribena after eating a biscuit.

Attachments

• 20231203_135933.jpg
    20231203_135933.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 0
There's every chance it's better draft, 'cos it couldn't have been much less exciting.

My wife's comment was "nothing - no aroma, no taste - just nothing"

Couple of weeks ago I spent a lovely weekend drinking in Tenby and managed to find a cherry sour ( which I had wanted to make ) so definitely a research purchase.

Tried mine on Friday (after a week in bottle) and I think I did a pretty good job, tasted just the same.

I am also a lot less forgiving of commercial beers than I was five years ago, if your prepared to sell your stuff it should at least be 'good' !

I have checked my notes for that beer “aroma of jam, too high carbonation, too bitter, thin no flavour”

I haven’t been researching much lately as I have a lot of bottles in the garage but my hit rate on purchasing has been poor.
Titanic plum porter

Hmm. This is dull, like Paddy McDull wearing dull pants on dull day. Like drinking ribena after eating a biscuit.

Back