Reverse Osmosis Equipment

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, hope you're keeping well.
I'm looking to purchase a reverse osmosis filter as I fancy the idea of starting from a 'blank' (and more importantly more consistent) slate.

I'm in the UK and usually get my gear from the malt miller who offer this 5 stage filter for £165
https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/product/reverse-osmosis-5-stage-filter/
However a website called finer filters offer a 5 stage for just £88 which comes with a few addional bits (some of which I wouldn't use) Finerfilters 5 Stage Domestic Under Sink Reverse Osmosis System With Fluoride Removal (50 GPD) Finerfilters

I'd appreciate the thoughts of anyone who's vertured down this road. My main concern is flow rates with the finer filters one but the malt miller one doesn't give any details so may be just as slow / slower!

Remineralised RO water is the best thing I did for my beer (after all the other good stuff) Make sure you get one with a good RO membrane Dow Filmtech from the US is good and check what ppm you should get, 1ppm is good. The cheap Chinglish ones dont get this, I’ve heard people say “Our membranes are designed to give 15ppm” No they are not they are just cheap Chinese ****… Still, depends on how good/bad your water is to start with but (ours is $hit)

Hi, why not try out a batch of five gallon RO water first to see if it makes any difference to your beer?
A lot of fish/pet shops use it and sell it.
It's been a couple of years since I bought it, but it was less than a fiver then for 30 Litres which I needed.
Just a thought.

Hi all, hope you're keeping well.
I'm looking to purchase a reverse osmosis filter as I fancy the idea of starting from a 'blank' (and more importantly more consistent) slate.

I'm in the UK and usually get my gear from the malt miller who offer this 5 stage filter for £165
https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/product/reverse-osmosis-5-stage-filter/
However a website called finer filters offer a 5 stage for just £88 which comes with a few addional bits (some of which I wouldn't use) Finerfilters 5 Stage Domestic Under Sink Reverse Osmosis System With Fluoride Removal (50 GPD) Finerfilters

I'd appreciate the thoughts of anyone who's vertured down this road. My main concern is flow rates with the finer filters one but the malt miller one doesn't give any details so may be just as slow / slower!

Latest posts

Back