Rhubarb wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedro29769

Reaction score
Hi am new to this forum and wine making. so could. Someone tel how to make rhubarb wine..... Thanks.....

there are several threads already out there ... and a few weeks ago I'd have suggested doing a search, or done one for you, to find them, however the forum has changed format recently, and I've not idea any more how to do a search... but if you find out, then there are already threads.

I've done a rhubarb wine before now, and it's no differenet to most fruit wines, apart from at the start. Make sure you only use the stem none of the leaf, as that contains (too much?) oxalic acid. then the prefered choice of juice extraction is to cut into 1inch length chunks, bag and freeze, then 24 hours later defrost, then freeze again, then defrost again. this breaks down the cell walls to enable batter juice extraction. then people either do a 'dry' juice extraction by adding sugar on top of the fruit and leaving it for a few days (the sugar pulls the juice out fo the fruit), or progress in a normal fruit wine juice extraction way by pouring boiling water over the top, and letting cool down, the adding CT, leave 24 hours, then add a yeast starter.

then carry on as normal

simples.

Back