Ribs

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you cook your tomahawks. I was just on looking at one's.

That one got bundled up in a couple of big Ziplock bags. 90min sous vide in the Grainfather at 51C, Then it was seared on the BBQ as hot as it could go for 10 minutes and rested for another 10 before carving. The dog still has the bone.

Anyone ever try jacobs ladder beef ribs
One of the the lads brought them camping last year some serious meat on them

I've just bought 6kg of the blighters! Cook them right and they're delicious.

How do you cook your tomahawks. I was just on looking at one's.

I cooked one a short while ago. The gas BBQ was the only thing big enough to fit it in. Just cook it very hot on the griddle so that it looks properly cooked outside (prob 5 mins each side given it's a fat bit of meat), with the lid closed to allow it to heat up, then turn off and leave the meat to rest in there whilst it cools down. That should then be enough to warm it through but still keep it nice and pink inside.

I cooked one a short while ago. The gas BBQ was the only thing big enough to fit it in. Just cook it very hot on the griddle so that it looks properly cooked outside (prob 5 mins each side given it's a fat bit of meat), with the lid closed to allow it to heat up, then turn off and leave the meat to rest in there whilst it cools down. That should then be enough to warm it through but still keep it nice and pink inside.

Reverse sear, consistently reliable. Its worth using a meat thermometer for the bigger cuts.
All of the methods of steak cookery are covered here, I haven’t tried the dishwasher yet.

That one got bundled up in a couple of big Ziplock bags. 90min sous vide in the Grainfather at 51C, Then it was seared on the BBQ as hot as it could go for 10 minutes and rested for another 10 before carving. The dog still has the bone.
Sous Vide in Geainfather- GENIUS!!!

Back